Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile

John, Fitebear

Name: Sir John Albert Cromwell

Nickname/Alias: Answers only to one of his given names

Race: Human (Though it is said that Cromwell’s family has giant blood)

Height: 7’8”

Weight: 593 lb (265 Kg)

Occupation: Expert smith, mercenary, Strength arcana of Tarot Hierarchy

Personality: A gruff but not unintelligent man, Cromwell considers talk to be cheap, and thus does not do much of it. He has no sympathy for those who do not work or earn a dishonest living. He does though, have sympathy for those who do their best but simply have less than the best of luck. Emotionally, John is a broken man, but hides it well under a facade.

John is very protective of those whom he considers friends, and will go to great lengths to ensure that they are not harmed, be that acting defensively or offensively.

Most can find him at work in his forge on the outskirts of Radasanth.

History: John’s history is best described in this thread, if you can get past my mechanics issues in it. If you’re just interested in the history, then it’s from about the middle of post 4 until the end.
    John's History.

John, expelled from his home in Salvar, came across a pair of gauntlets while fleeing south. They bonded themselves to his skin when he donned them, and they have grown into an armor.

Appearance: A rugged-looking, square-jawed, thickly-built man, John has a hard look about him most times, and golden stubble even more often than that. His eyes are bright blue, if you care to look past a mean squint. He is not a hateful man, he just sees more of the bad in the world than most others do. His hair is as golden as his beard and just long enough to fall around his face down to his neck.

Quite simply, John is the largest man that he’s ever known of, aside from some of the older tales of House Cromwell. And an incredibly fat orc he once heard of.

Skills:

Expert Strategist: Having been trained as a noble, John has learned how to lead men, and how to control a battlefield for his advantage. He showed quite a knack for it in his younger years, but given his current situation, he rarely (if ever) gets the chance to command men.

Still a lord of Salvar: Having received education and training among the noble houses of Salvar, John knows how to act in politically sensitive situations. This does not guarantee that he will act accordingly, as he has become headstrong in his exile.

Has a voice after all: There is a distinctive and deep timbre to John’s voice that allows him to be recognized nearly anywhere (aside from his huge size).

Master of weapons: John has been trained extensively as a noble of Salvar in their classic weapons, the longsword, greatsword, and other weapons of the sort. (NOTE: though John has a very good knowledge of these weapons and how to handle them in battle, John himself is incredibly clumsy with any weapon that isn’t formed of his armor, or covered with it.)

Survivor: John knows how to survive in the wilderness. He can kill for food, make fire, and build shelter. Though this is no comfortable living, John can make it.

Master of arms: John, having travelled far and wide across Althanas to seek out masters in the art of hand-to-hand combat, has conglomerated them into a style of his own, designed to take advantage of his size, strength and speed. There are many different sub-styles which adapt to different situations. He is nearly unrivaled in hand-to-hand combat.

Blacksmith of renown (kinda): John is an excellent blacksmith, and has been known to forge pieces for nobles in Scara Brae and Corone. Despite this, John has little actual fame as a blacksmith, mostly because he mainly forges simple and useful pieces, and dislikes seeing a sword made of fine steel sit on a shelf collecting dust. Of late he has been learning of more exotic forging methods and materials, and has even been trying his hand at enchanting of late.

Abilities:

Powerful: John has trained his strength intensely, giving him increased physical power. (Strength 10x)

Fast: John has learned to use his size to his advantage as he runs, and he can sprint short distances at 80 mph, at a jog he clocks around 45-50 mph (around 6x)

Quick: John has had to hone his reflexes even further since abandoning traditional weapons in favor of his own arms and legs. As a result of this extensive training, John is able to react very quickly to the movements of others, as well as make movements in quick succession. (John could snatch a gold piece from your hand before you even realized it, if you were an average joe.). (around 6x)

Scourge of House Band: It is said, in tales told to the children in parts of Salvar, that when John Cromwell took his revenge, massacring a large part of House Band, that he would not die, no matter what wounds he received. Now whether the legend followed John’s abilities, or his wounds have hardened him; the end result is the same. John can push through limits that weaker men would collapse under. Wounds like gashes and strikes to the body will not even slow him down, and he can fight with broken ribs, though the longer bones of the limbs would likely reduce his fighting ability by a significant amount after a while. It was said he had the willpower of four men. (endurance 5x)

One with the earth: John can, whilst standing in one location, increase his endurance at the cost of his speed by growing tendrils made of armor into the earth, much like the roots of a tree. While in this state he is unable to move his legs. (immobile, +2xEND)

Shield other: Once per thread/day, John can help an ally in danger of being harmed. If John can see an ally about to take a serious blow, he can intercept the blow. When activated, John teleports (short range, say 50 meters at most) to intercept the blow, taking the attack head on.

Magical absorption: John has learned how to channel and mix the magic of his armor with magic from outside sources, producing different effects depending on the situation. Provided the spell will strike John on his armor, he can absorb the spell into his armor for a maximum of five minutes, after which it will dissipate. While this spell energy exists within him, he can channel it into one of three effects. He can only mix these energies twice per day/thread before it is exhausted, and any subsequent spell that strikes his armor will behave normally.

Magical Absorption: Healing: John can channel an absorbed spell's energy into his body, using the magic to heal himself of a minor wound or heal the severity of a more major injury. Small cuts and bruises can be healed instantly, and larger cuts and broken bones will partially heal.

Magical Absorption: Redirection: If a spell that John has absorbed has not faded completely, he can produce the energies from his armor in the same way he absorbed them. This ability redirects the spell absorbed at a target. If the redirection is immediate, the spell power is halved due to inefficiencies in the transfer and storage of these energies. The longer John waits to redirect a spell, the weaker the spell becomes, until it fades after five minutes.

Magical Absorption: Charge: John can charge himself with the energy of an absorbed spell. For example, if John absorbs a lightning-based spell and charges his armor with it, attacks made for one post after this activation deal minor shock damage. The same effect goes for frost, fire, and other effects.

Equipment/Weapons:

Armor (titanium strength, not for sale). John has little knowledge of the metal and magic of his armor, though his search for answers has always been a more practical one. The armor covers most of his body at rest, and can be extended with his will to come up to cover the rest of his form in a thin layer. It fits him like a second skin, like a seamless liquid metal coating his body under his clothes. John can ‘will’ his armor to take any shape he wishes, but he is limited by size and time, as larger changes to his armor will take longer. The armor has a fairly high immunity to temperature, which allows him, among other things, to work a white-hot forge without the need for gloves or protective gear.

The Might of Moxxilus: A simple ring that once per day can be used to coat the user in a thick Jade-like stone to prevent all damage they would take that post. They are rendered immobile and have decreased senses, but cannot be injured or moved from their place. A last resort more than anything. http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29890

A ring of fire: A simple ring that with a snap of John’s fingers will summon a cigar, and with a second snap will light it. This is mostly plot device. http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30588

Ring of Floof: Created by the eccentric mage, Rabbitstooth, this ring allows the wearer to suddenly be covered in thick white fur. While this may indeed seem useless, it would help keep you warm on those cold nights, fantastic for costume parties and helps protect your skin from the sun. This lasts until the wearer wills it to stop, but can only be used once a day. Feel the floof! http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30038

One massive Dehlar shield: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30237
    Last edited by redford; 01-27-17 at 11:05 AM.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile
    I know that the 'immovable object' ability needs some work, just putting it up there as is for now.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

got an ingot of titanium

The Three Ways
    EXP: 42,532, Level: 8
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 1,468
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,468
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

Red, do you have the link to your most recent update before this one? Also, is this for level 5?
    Last edited by Logan; 02-16-16 at 09:50 AM.
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

Fists of Fury
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Link should be on my profile, if not I'll make an edit to this post.

This is lvl6

got an ingot of titanium

The Three Ways
    EXP: 42,532, Level: 8
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 1,468
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,468
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

You never linked me your last level update, and you also don't have it included in your signature.
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

Fists of Fury
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile

got an ingot of titanium

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Sorry for the delay, Red. I'll finish this up for you.

I'll need a few clarifications before we can move on:

1) With "Blacksmith of renown (kinda)," does this offer John any tangible benefits like enchantment or item processing (essentially spoils) discounts?
    2) With "One with the earth," you would be unable to boost strength. 10x is the maximum we allow, so obviously anything beyond that is impossible. I'll also need you to specify by what degree it improves John's endurance
    3) With "Shield other," would the attack then also be mortal for John, or does it just have to be mortal to the partner to activate the teleport?

Finally, I note a bunch of abilities you once had are now no longer listed. Did you intend to remove them that way, or do so unintentionally?

Let me know and we'll go from there.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Fists of Fury
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Thanks maximillian, now that I've degreed myself we can get this finished up.

1). No spoils discounts for Blacksmith of renown. Mostly this is a plot thing, a reason for John to be able to forge things for other players, etc. I may eventually start asking for bits here and there, but nothing at the moment.

2). I'll make an edit so that it only boosts endurance, at the cost of speed. I was gonna make it 2x.

3). I'll rewrite shield other, basically if John sees one of his allies about to take a serious blow, he can teleport to their location and take the blow on their behalf.

Several of my older abilities I just never used. I'm still getting John settled in his play style, and a few of those abilities simply didn't fit so I'm removing them in this update.

got an ingot of titanium

Fists of Fury
    GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Made necessary edits, I'd like to get this done before too long, I'm due up in Shin's tournament.

got an ingot of titanium

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Approved!
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥