Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6' 3" 250lbs

View Profile

Upgrading A Dagger

Quentin walked into the smith's shop with a slight smile on his face. He was impressed with the spiked hand wraps Neal had made for him, and was hoping to get some more work done.

There were a multitude of weapons on display, either in cabinets or hung on the walls of the shop. Quentin spent a few minutes perusing the old man's work; some were familiar to him, weapons in the same style as he'd seen Citadel fighters wielding. Clearly Adal had kept his word about sending his fighters here.

The bearded brawler stood before the counter when he was finished, and waited for the aged smith to come through from the back. When he did, Quentin offered him a warm smile and held his hand out in greeting. "Neal, I see ya've 'ad some good business from Adal's fighters. I've got some work fer ya meself."

After shaking hands, Neal tilted his head in question. Boone unsheathed the dagger at his waist and waved it around near-carelessly. "Ya've been givin' all them fighters fantastic weapons an' I just can't compete with this iron knife. Can ya upgrade it me t'steel?"

Quentin flipped the dagger and held it by the blade, leather-bound hilt pointing to Neal. "Take a look, how much is it gonna cost?"

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    EXP: 25,718, Level: 6
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 1,282
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,282
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Black sclera, with yellow irises and slit pupils
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job
    Warlock, Soul Broker, Anarchist, Planewalker, Fleshcrafter

View Profile
    Neal looked up as one of his best customers wandered in, and the two exchanged warm greetings.

The old smith scratched at his beard, fingers clawing at the scraggly hair covering his chin. "Aye, business has been good, lad. You have my thanks for that."

He looked around at the now bountiful harvest of lethal blades and bludgeons lining the racks along his walls, smiling to himself. It was true; since the fighter had come in and arranged trade with the other fighters in the area he had found a new love of his craft that he hadn't felt in years.

Quentin flipped his dagger and held it out to Neal, hilt first, and the man took the weapon in his calloused hands, turning his expert eye over the weapon.

"Hmm.. aye, I can do that easily enough," he said, still rubbing his jaw. He took a moment to unfasten the leather binding the grip and examining the blade.

"Just need to unfasten these here rivets, slide the blade out, get a measurement on the tang and blade..."

Neal nodded, setting the blade down next to the unravelled leather strip from the grip.

"Shouldn't take me more than an hour to make you a new blade, lad. Call it twenty-five gold."
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

"Self-control is for those who can't control others."
    - Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

The Most Interesting Man On Althanas
    EXP: 5,673, Level: 3
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 3,327
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,327
    GP

Name
    Quentin Boone
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6' 3" 250lbs

View Profile
    Quentin nodded his approval at the price. Neal was shaping up to be good on his word, and the bearded brawler needed all the ally's he could get. "Tha's awesome, my friend. I wan' it to be yer best work, mind. I gotta outmatch all them young fighters, ya know."

He took the coinbag from his waist and started counting what he had, hoping Neal wouldn't charge too much more for a masterpiece. "So, d'ya have anyone else workin' for ya?"

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Neal paused at the request.

"My best work, you say?"

A slow grin crept across the man's scraggly-bearded face. He took a moment to consider the work, and how he could improve on the basic design of what was essentially the most basic of all bladed weapons.

"Aye, I can do that for you, lad," he said quietly with a friendly wink, "but keep it between us. Wouldn't want everyone coming in here and putting you at a disadvantage again, would we?" He chuckled softly.

"That'll be a bit more of your coin, lad, but believe me, it'll be worth it. That brings the price up to sixty-three gold, but as I said," he added again, wagging a finger at the bearded brawler, "it'll be worth the price."
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

- Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

The Most Interesting Man On Althanas
    EXP: 5,673, Level: 3
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 3,327
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,327
    GP

Name
    Quentin Boone
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6' 3" 250lbs

View Profile
    Quentin smiled in return; half in reciprocation, half in amusement at the comical near-toothless grin of the old smith. "That'll do me, friend."

He counted out the gold pieces and handed them to Neal, "There ya go, I look forward to seein' the results."

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job

View Profile
    The work, all told, took more than an hour. But Neal had assured Quentin it was necessary to achieve the desired result for his weapon.

The old smith took his time, ensuring every inch of the blade was as perfect as his mortal hands could make it before he was finally satisfied with the results. But, satisfied he was. The Coronian scratched his beard, the heat from the forge irritating his dry skin something fierce, but he returned to the fighter in the front of the store with an oiled leather cloth.

The old smith wasn't one for blowing his own trumpet, but he had to admit he was proud of the weapon.

"Well, lad, here you go," he smiled, unveiling the dagger.

- John Constantine

- Gavin Guile

- Anon.

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Transaction Complete.

63 GP to be deducted from Quentin Boone's account.
    - John Constantine

- Gavin Guile

- Anon.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    GP removed.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.