Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile

Round 1-Part B Facade/Ice Reaver: City Outskirts

Begins March the 15th at 12:01 am EST. The fight ends March the 29th at 12:01 am EST.

This is the City Outskirts, everyone will be using here to pass back and forth between the Docks and Inner City, Unless they can teleport.

Participants:

Eiskalt:

Dein

Mutant Lorenor

Twincast

Xilium Rupertus

Odium

Attackers:
    Ciato Orlouge

Ruby

Erikar

Dealer of Death

Core Beast

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    (Let me know if my post is okay. I wanted a legitimate reason for my character to be involved in this event. Thanks for understanding. If I need to make any edits to the Eiskalt militia, I will. )

Lorenor stood alongside an old building the outskirts. He'd been there in secrecy, training, for some months after he got word of the war. This is taking time away from my hunt for N'Jal. However, he knew that the orders came directly from Sei Orlouge, and he owed Sei his very existence. Lorenor was changed by that time, no longer a filthy servant of N'Jal. Instead, something far different, a creature with a different sort of hunger. He was leaning in a casual way and looked at the guard as they readied the barracks for the starting war. The kid was barely of age to hold a sword, but he was just the same as Lorenor. Thrust into a war he did not want. It was an afternoon, somewhat chilly in the air. A Wednesday. Lorenor didn't care what time it was, that was meaningless to one who had lived across the ages like he. He stood in a relaxed position, cool and confident. Lorenor was a leader and he would need to focus to rally the locals to defend their turf. The nation was getting attacked by a rogue organization and Lorenor had seen wars of many sorts before. This one being one of the most ridiculous.

"Get it together Grem." Lorenor said calmly. "We're about to bloody up these streets really soon." Lorenor was very calm, and almost collected. He had to admit, as a member of the Ixian Knights, this was his first TRUE outing. He was nervous deep down, but he hid it well. A breeze came in from the West, and rippled through Lorenor's simple standard issue military clothing. He didn't wear armor. There was no need for someone like he.

"H-how can you be so calm?" Lorenor heard Grem ask.

Lorenor chuckled, but it was an entirely friendly gesture. "You kids from Eiskalt are a good sort. I don't want to see war tear your land apart." Lorenor meant that. "How long have you taken up that sword?" Lorenor suddenly asked.

"Two years, sir." The kid responded, Lorenor sighed.

No time for drills. The enemy will soon be upon us. Lorenor didn't know what surprises that enemy faction would have for them that day. "Your sword is a good sword." Lorenor said. "It will defend you when the hour is darkest."

Lorenor attempted really hard to keep the nervous kids from outright fleeing the battle. He knew sometimes you could beat the odds by rallying the most unlikely of Heroes. And they had a wild card: Lorenor. Leader of men, and paladin. Lorenor signed up for the lofty job as a Captain of Esikalt's local militia. A heavy recommendation from Sei Orlouge got him the job and Lorenor was good at it. There were several such kids, and a few older Eiskaltians all around Lorenor. Tension and nervousness was in the air. But if Lorenor's hunch was correct, he would assist in helping turn this band of kids into fighting men of Esikalt. They will need to fight like warrior poets. Lorenor walked towards Grem.

"It is time." He said. "Ready a squad of your finest, I want you by my side." Lorenor explained. "I will be your shield, if you will be mine."

"Sir, phalanx tactics?" Grem suddenly understood and readied his weapon and shield.

"Aye, boy." Lorenor responded. "Keep your head cool and we'll see through this test. Then we will rise as champions."

Lorenor had a plan, it was quite apparent. Lorenor got up on a well bred horse, and Grem's companions also mounted. He drew his massive claymore skillfully with one hand. Then turned to his face his companions.

"Children of Eiskalt. Some of you have seldom seen a true battle, let alone the war that we will all face together. The Heroe's blood flows in your vessels." Lorenor said. "We all have a kingdom to defend. On this good earth, The All Thayne, will bless us and see us through this war." Lorenor saw that their confidence was growing. He nodded to them. "We will meet the enemy as they come, not as soldiers, but as Eiskaltian fighting men!" The assembled began to cheer loudly. Lorenor was good at rallying folk around him when they faced certain doom and despair. He was good at that. He steered his horse so that he was alongside his companion, the soldier named Grem.

"If not for you Ixian Knights, I don't know if we could have held out through this mess." Lorenor heard Grem say.

"We are on the side of Justice." Lorenor responded. "Be my shield, and I will be yours." Lorenor said.

"I will do my best. But no matter what happens, Lorenor, I will freely give my life for Eiskalt."

Lorenor smiled and nodded in a frendly sort of way towards Grem.

"We ride."

And thats how they went to meet the enemy dead on that arrived on the outskirts....they would defend with the heart of warrior poets.
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.

EXP: 528, Level: 1
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 1,472
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,472
    GP

Name
    Constantine
    Race
    Human [Undead]
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    165/6'2"
    Job
    Varies

View Profile
    For Constantine, it was the loss of his paradise.

His self-imposed exile to Eiskalt had proven a successful venture in matters of more than just the mind. After so long spent anesthetized his heart zinged and slammed itself around like a bee under glass. Colors were richer, sounds sharper. The dull ache that had filled his chest like a rotten tooth, the dirty pain of something spoiled permeating him, had been alleviated. For so long he had been stumbling through a dark world, just barely able to construe his surroundings from the black, and somehow Eiskalt had represented a new dawn to him. The light filled every corner of him and for the first time in many lives he had stretched his limbs in true morning and not a guttering twilight. But now, with the news of invasion carried on winds that whispered of blood and fire and pain and dreams crushed beneath the heel of conquest, the ink was poured back into his eyes. He could see nothing: not the golden future he so briefly held in his hands, nor even the trail back through his past into more familiar torments.

Constantine, not for the first time in his existence, was lost. For many months he labored, fashioning a new life from the ruin of his old world. The Icebreaker children had proved more than suitable as a mortar by which to lay the bricks of his new home. In the soft clay of their minds he created a new niche for himself, and in doing so prospered. After scouring the docks of Tirel for discarded morsels as sustenance it did not take long for his conscience to grow fat on the luxuries his new position provided him on Eiskalt. He spent his afternoons in a haze of opium smoke and old books, occasionally dispensing philosophy to those that regarded him as the Icebreakers' 'spiritual adviser.' For the first time since his rebirth in the cold Concordian mud his dreams were not filled with the dark wings of creatures which parodied life, nor haunted by their hunger. His worst nightmares were those born at the bottom of a bottle - far more human than the alien fantasies which filled his mind before, and far easier to cope with.

All that was gone. All his hard work and effort reduced to a vapor thicker than smoke and cheaper than dreams, and in groping ineffectually for purchase he only dispersed it till it was as if nothing had ever been there at all. Sand castles sucked in by the tide.

Most of the buildings on the town's outskirts lay empty. Some families had left in the middle of breaking their fast, the men conscripted into the mob-like militia which now milled about at the edge of the city, whereas their women and children had fled deeper into its heart. Constantine decided they wouldn't mind if he adopted their homes as an outpost. He watched the Ixian Knight's attempt to rally the people of Eiskalt - heartwarming, albeit likely futile. The army which marched against them was trained, its warriors honed to practice war like an art, and Eiskalt was the canvas upon which they would paint their bloody masterpiece.

His hand rose nervously to the hideous idol hanging from his neck. He had batted away all the probing questions into its nature that the locals had assailed him with, promising that it was merely a relic of an old religion or a curiosity he had become strangely attached to in his travels. He no longer prayed to his masters in the Fade, a sacrilege he nervously began once the dreams ceased to consume him as he slept. Now, however, as he waited to see whether or not his sword would need whetting on the invaders' flesh anytime soon, he could not help but seek the favor of any god willing to give it to him.
    You do not beg the sun for mercy.

EXP: 987, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next level: 1,013
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,013
    GP

Name
    Downfall
    Race
    Balrog
    Hair Color
    Blue Flames
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20' tall

View Profile
    Downfall walked into the city, his feet heavily hit the ground to cause the earth to shake. As he passed through the city he noticed that some of the building were actually as tall if not taller then him. Interesting, they have come so far here even though they are in one of the coldest places on earth. I must commend them, he thought as made his way through the streets of this great city.

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Lorenor suddenly saw something that made his eyes go wide.

His troop stopped when the core beast was spotted just ahead.

"What the fuck is that!?"

It was over twenty feet tall, and had a massive frame. Lorenor knew that the war would bring terrible forces against the stalwart denizens of Eiskalt. But he never expected he would see something that resembled a demon lord in the enemy forces. "I think that is our first objective." Lorenor said calmly. "Okay men here's what we do, first thing is we all need to CALM down and ready our weapons. Despite it's size, we can best it, if we all remain calm and steady." Lorenor promised. "Have faith, in the Thaynehood that this battle will be ours." Lorenor saw the unsure expressions on their faces, but he also saw something that triggered his own confidence. Determination. He smiled at them. "I stand ready to bleed and die alongside you as a brother." Lorenor said carefully. He then turned his horse back towards the behemoth beast. He pointed his sword towards it. "Flanking positions. I will take the demon myself." Lorenor knew from his personal knowledge of Thayne Codex, and The Necronomicon's works, that there were multiple infernal realms. The core beast before them could have come from any of them, and a part of him wondered if that creature held any allegiance to his former Lady. N'Jal.

He doubted it.

"Keep your distances from it and use ranged attacks against him to keep him at bay." Lorenor ordered his men. Then, he marched forward with one person by his side. Grem. "Not taking flank?" Lorenor asked Grem.

"I promised you my shield, Lorenor. To death." Grem responded.

"To death it is then. For what it is worth, I had no idea such a beast would be in their ranks." Lorenor sympathized with the lads around him. They are scared. So am I, truth be told. But I have to hold together for them...I have to be strong. Stronger than I have ever thought possible... Lorenor thought to himself. All Thayne. Give me the strength to die well. He mightily drew his sword and began the forward march with Grem at his side. When the horses were approximately several paces away from the giant beast, Lorenor noticed something bad. VERY BAD. The temperature got considerably hotter when he got closer to the creature, but he was already preparing his holy spell. "By the flag of Eiskalt, I command you to return to what netherworld you come from!" Lorenor boasted. As a Paladin, he hated all of the netherworld's kind. Regardless of which specific realm they hailed. It did not matter. Lorenor half expected to fight the war against the core beast by himself, with Grem by his side. When a volley of arrows began to stream towards the core beast. It was the first round of attacks.

Lorenor pointed his sword towards the Core Beast's chest area. Then he fired off a single smite spell, fully charged at the creature hoping it would connect. "Keep your distance from it. Don't get too close and let me pull the creature's fury towards me." Lorenor told Grem.

"Understood." Grem held up his sword, and rose his shield. There was determination on both of their faces.

Actions)
    1-Lorenor launches a smite spell at Core Beast from his sword. Grem currently does nothing but raise his shield.
    2-A squad of Eiskalt militia launches a volley arrows at Core Beast. Standard firing rate, standard arrows. Interpretation totally up to Core Beast.

Note: Lorenor has a powerful claymore weapon as his main equip. Grem has a Iron masterwork broadsword and iron masterwork shield. Hope that helps.
    Arrows are basic arrow with iron tips.
    The Alpha and The Omega.

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Downfall felt pain when the holy light struck. He roared into the sky before he snapped his whip to try to intimidate his foes. It worked on the archers who flinched back under the crack of the whip. Then what the paladin said hit him like bricks.

"I would if you would stay out of my way! I am here to get to the tunnels that will hopefully lead me home under the earth. Now move before I strike you down!" He then cracked his whip yet again, however this time it was headed straight for the Immortal Paladin and his shielded warrior.

Archers halt due to fear.
    Whip headed towards Lorenor & Grem
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Some of the Eiskaltians were afraid to the point of breaking rank and fleeing.

It was okay, they could be rounded up later. I can't say I blame them. Lorenor saw a few of his squad breaking off and turning tail as the core beast intimidated. However, the will of a Paladin was stronger than any demon's intimidation attempts. Lorenor saw that the air around them was rippling from the heat and he looked at the core beast with hatred in his eyes. The demons represented every wrong in the universe, every wrongful death, every tragedy. Every sin. He knew what their kind was capable of. Lorenor ran TOWARDS the core beast and prepared his smiting spell once more. He signaled to Grem to flank the creature. A whip was a dangerous weapon and could likely sweep the entire area with it's massive form. Lorenor had to move with extreme caution. As the whip crackled towards his form, Lorenor struck back. He did not allow the core beast to intimidate him, as his leadership capacity and will power was strong. His FAITH was strong.

Lorenor launched his smite spell at an entirely different target. The whip itself. Lorenor was not there to exchange taunts, or words with the beast. He was there to DESTROY the fell creature and everything it represented. To Lorenor, the demon was the very manifestation of everything his Paladin's order had groomed him up for. A manifestation of the prime evils. As he stood there, he glowed with a brilliant light, his body flaring up with a potent energy. Just as the core beast generated heat, Lorenor generated purity. Purity of soul, purity of character. Lorenor did not once doubt his intentions or his faith. He meant to slay an enemy. He meant to kill the demon before him.

"Filth!" Lorenor called out to it. "You cannot intimidate a follower of All Thayne with your pathetic actions! The only place you are going is back to the pit with your fallen masters." Lorenor felt The Holy Light burn through him and launch in a massive volley towards the whip. He intended to extinguish the demonic fire that the creature commanded. Lorenor saw the elegant beam of holy energy slice through the air and make it's way towards the crux of the core beast's weapon. If it connected, he hoped that his theory was correct about the core beast. IF it connected, Lorenor hoped burning the whip would the holy light would also burn the core beast. It was a sound theory since the core beast simply manifested the weapon. Lorenor watched as the blast fired off towards his target. If the core beast didn't attempt to evade his attack, Lorenor would continue the massive onslaught at his disposal. His body glowed with a powerful energy, an energy he hoped would serve to smite the beast where it stood. "To Hell with you, and all your kind!" Lorenor yelled and at that point, he was sincerely angry at the fell beast.

~Actions)

1-Grem attempted to get behind core beast for a future action.
    2-Lorenor attacked core beast's whip with a fully charged smite.
    3-Several of Lorenor's squad ran away from fear.
    The Alpha and The Omega.

EXP: 987, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next level: 1,013
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,013
    GP

Name
    Downfall
    Race
    Balrog
    Hair Color
    Blue Flames
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    20' tall

View Profile
    Downfall snarled as the magic orb deflected his whip. He was angry now and to prove it he knelt down into the face of the Paladin and roared. The air from his mouth reached 150oF. Enough to at least leave a sunburn if not a second degree burn. He then stood back up with a glare that could freeze any balrog to the core. The rest of the troops also dispersed in fear of the beast.
    Downfall roars in face of the paladin.
    Rest of paladin's forces run.

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Indeed, all of the remaining forces in Lorenor's squad fled. They were brave, but not foolish. Lorenor knew that and he did not and would not fault them. Only one stayed, the forgotten one. Grem. Lorenor did not see what the fellow was attempting even while the core beast focused all of it's attention on him. Lorenor raised his energy field so that it burned much brightly in an attempt to ward off some of the extreme heat. The air burnt, but such extreme head temperature change were only one aspect of the problem. The core beast seemed to have been able to absorb his attack for the most part, that annoyed Lorenor to be sure. However, he did not want to give the core beast an inch. Lorenor skin did burn partially through his simple clothing. However, he could still function despite the burns. He wanted to be certain he would put the terrible creature out of it's misery. Lorenor's eyes glowed with an intense ferocity as he stood there watching the creature before him. The time had arrived. "NOW!" Lorenor yelled to his companion.

He knew the boy would strike true. Eiskaltians were very brave. Lorenor merely only needed to give the word and the deadly blow would come through. Lorenor jumped TOWARDS the core beast knowing damned well that his life would depend on it. He rose his powerful claymore weapon and began to build up as potent a holy smite as he could in such a short period of time. His sword's blade glowed brightly with the runes of the holy light. Lorenor yelled a warrior's yell as he attempted to strike at the core of the beast before him. He did not know demonic anatomy, but he assumed the creature DID have a heart. This is it...this is MY story. Lorenor thought to himself as he attempted to plunge his mighty weapon in through the very chest of the creature. He didn't know how hard the demonic creature's hide was, but he had to try. If they didn't stop it there...Lorenor didn't want to think of the creature rampaging through Eiskalt's streets. I have faith in you All Thayne, I have sworn an oath to you. I believe that you will guide my weapon true! For the first time in a long time, Lorenor relished in the simple fact that he was doing a just act. It felt good to him to know that even he could redeem himself after a lifetime of horrible deeds. Please don't let me screw this one thing up...give me the strength to die well. Lorenor closed his eyes as he lunged towards the creature, then opened them. The closer he got, the hotter it got. He didn't care. His faith was strong and he knew he would survive the hour...

At the same time, Grem readied his own attack. The creature was massive and large, but still functioned under normal laws of physics. Rotating his broadsword, Grem fought with the rage of warrior poets. He swung his mighty weapon at the backside of one of the core beast's legs. He intended to sever it in such a way that the creature would fall FORWARD if his attack connected. It was a brilliant scheme. The heat was unbearable to Grem, since Eiskaltians hailed from a very cold place. The slashing technique was a basic slash with most of Grem's body weight forward. He kept his shield up in case things went horribly wrong. If his attack connected, Grem would slice upwards in a forty-five degree angle cleanly through the massive leg of the creature. He noticed that the core beast did not wear armor...and such arrogance would be the thing's undoing.

"He is yours, my Captain! Take him!" Grem yelled towards Lorenor as he watched his Captain attack without fear.

~Actions)
    1-Lorenor's band EXCEPT for Grem flee in terror.
    2-Lorenor does not falter in the face of the core beast's attack.
    3-Lorenor prepares a daring attack in the hopes of felling the core beast and shutting it's flame out for good.
    4-In a sneaky tactic, Grem, having gone unnoticed, prepares to slice in half one of the core beast's legs.
    The Alpha and The Omega.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Dein, Mutant Lorenor, Ruby, and Core Beast move on.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.