PDA

View Full Version : What was the last movie you watched?

Elijah_Morendale
10-09-07, 11:41 PM
I just got done watching Battle Royale.

I'm debating on whether Seven Samurai or Once Upon A Time In The West should be my next venture...

Zook Murnig
10-09-07, 11:56 PM
I just got done watching Battle Royale.

God, that movie is so freakin' weird...

Last movie I watched was An Inconvenient Truth.

Cyrus the virus
10-10-07, 12:01 AM
Superbad. I very rarely watch movies, actually.

Eyes of...
10-10-07, 01:03 AM
I hardly ever go see anything... have movie channels, so why bother? They'll be on tv in a few months anyway...

Saw Fight Club about... a couple hours ago... then turned on soccer and vegged, lol.

Porter le Deuil
10-10-07, 01:44 AM
I hardly ever go see anything... have movie channels, so why bother? They'll be on tv in a few months anyway...

Saw Fight Club about... a couple hours ago... then turned on soccer and vegged, lol.

Heh, thats the last movie I watched too.

Jasmine
10-10-07, 02:25 AM
theater: Pirates 3

at home: Peter and Paul

want to see: the latest Harry Potter (yes i'm a nerd, but i really wanna see it anyway)

Porter le Deuil
10-10-07, 02:27 AM
theater: Pirates 3

at home: Peter and Paul

want to see: the latest Harry Potter (yes i'm a nerd, but i really wanna see it anyway)

The latest schwas a good one. But it leaves you wanting more. which, i suppose, is what they want ya to feel like. right?

RumpleGrumblePuss
10-10-07, 05:42 AM
The last movie I watched was Dead Silence. It was a let down, I thought it would have been better than it turned out to be.

Reiko
10-10-07, 08:13 AM
Last movie I saw was Dr. Strangelove or: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb.

Yay for old movies^^

Amaril Torrun
10-10-07, 09:36 AM
The last movie I watched was The Jungle Book, Disney version.

Opening Title
10-10-07, 09:43 AM
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Temple of Doom's my fav, though.

Abenaki
10-10-07, 11:00 AM
Previous Movie: Children of Men
Current Movie : Young Frankenstein
Next Movie : Bully

My girlfriend and I got Netflix when we moved into our apartment, so we watch movies almost constantly...

Ashiakin
10-10-07, 12:23 PM
I think the last movie I saw was Stardust. It was silly and charming in that not-entirely-successful sort of way.

Zook Murnig
10-10-07, 01:50 PM
Caught snippets of a bootleg copy of Good Luck Chuck earlier today, sitting in the Student Commons.

>.>

Film industry, PLEASE DON'T ARREST ME!!! I'm innocent, I swear!

Artifex Felicis
10-10-07, 04:02 PM
Watch Seven Samurai, for the record.

Last in Theater - Across the Universe (Rawk!)
At Home - Aliens (Meep)
Planning! - This one movie that' like 4 feet away from me. Let me, got it! "Marathon Man."

Ataraxis
10-10-07, 09:02 PM
Haven't been to the theaters in a while, last one I saw was Mr. Bean's Vacation. Probably going to watch Across the Universe when it comes out this friday! Damn you all with your limited releases.

Last I've watched at home was The Shawshank Redemption, I think, though that was a while ago.

DullMind
10-11-07, 02:28 PM
"The Kingdom" yesterday.

"The Matrix Trilogy" was the last I watched at home.

Elijah_Morendale
10-16-07, 11:31 PM
Planet Terror.

My brain is officially fried. :D

Witchblade
10-17-07, 04:19 AM
We Own The Night

Nothing like working in a movie theatre and getting free movies. It's a good movie with some good storyline, but it was directed in such a way that it comes off... oddly and tends to lose a little bit of the punch in the gut you were hoping for. Plus the ending leaves you wanting, which happened in the last Mark Walberg movie I saw too, Invincible. Still a good movie though, but if anyone's interested I'd wait to rent it.

EDIT: Seven Samurai is awesome and happens to be on my name tag at work for my favourite movie. :p

Amaril Torrun
10-17-07, 05:43 AM
It seems that I love every movie with Mark Walberg. Thanks for reminding me that there's another movie to watch,

though
I'll probably end up waiting for the video
since I'm lacking a sufficient cash flow,
yo.

Melancor
10-17-07, 09:56 PM
Dragon Wars, and belive me its the first time I ever say it... That was a waste of two hours of my life.... and more importantly 8 bucks u___u

Maia
10-17-07, 10:16 PM
SAw Marathon Man, Shaun of the Dead, and finally A Clockwork Orange.

A Clockwork Orange is also one of my most favoritest movies ever. I love Kubrik. even if I haven't seen more then maybe two of his films.

Seth_Rahl
10-17-07, 10:48 PM
Street Fighter: Alpha. Corny beyond belief. "AAAgh, the dark powers, the dark hado...its flowing inside me aaaaaaaagh!" *snorts* I mean, c'mon.

Elijah_Morendale
10-17-07, 10:58 PM
You don't f*** with Akuma though.

You know this, I know this.

Seth_Rahl
10-17-07, 11:01 PM
Akuma pwns. Always. He was the only Street Fighter character that they didn't make totally corny....he had his moments though. DAMN YOU SF:A! YOU CURSE THE NAME OF STREET FIGHTER EVERY WHERE!

Atzar
10-17-07, 11:05 PM
Transformers. It was actually funnier than I expected.

Corvus MacCallum
10-17-07, 11:06 PM
Hmm last movie at the cinema was whatever the last flick Witchblade dragged me to see... can't recall going to Movieland past that.

Last flick at home was Jim Davidsons Sinderella a mucky pantomime.

Last flick on the comp was Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies (http://www.mst3ktemple.com/images/ISCWSLABMUZ-1.jpg).

Seth_Rahl
10-17-07, 11:20 PM
Niiiiiiiice. a friend of mine watches that.
Edited, just watched newest episode of Bleach.

Slayer of the Rot
10-18-07, 01:07 AM
Lair of the White Worm.

Seth_Rahl
10-18-07, 01:09 AM
Hmm? What is that about? Can't say I've heard of it.

Witchblade
10-18-07, 04:26 AM
Seth, Bleach doesn't count it's not a movie. :p

And Des, I know we went to see Batman Begin at the theatre, but I can't remember if I took you to see anything else... >.>

Watched some 300 on the little screen the other day. ^^ Just what a girl needs to cheer her up after a crazy day of work.

Bullet Witch
10-18-07, 04:29 AM
Bleach does too. Bleach: Memories of Nobody. the Movie. :)
It counts.

Corvus MacCallum
10-18-07, 11:51 AM
Well I still have the movie stubs, lets see.... went to see Mr and Mr Smith, Fantastic Four and Bewitched, I think thats it.

Witchblade
10-18-07, 06:23 PM
lol! I can't believe you still have the ticket stubs. I find them from time to time in my room but I throw them out. I mean... that was two years ago. o.O

Koriku Windgate
10-20-07, 02:59 PM
Resident Evil: Extinction in the theater. Not as good as the second.

Edward Scissorhands last night at home. I love that movie.

How was Across the Universe, those who saw it?

Artifex Felicis
10-20-07, 03:08 PM
Amazing.

That's all I need to say.

Breaker
10-20-07, 04:10 PM
Confessions of Dangerous Mind

Corvus MacCallum
10-20-07, 04:13 PM
Got a terrible memory so I just keep all that stuff together, got my underground ticket from the London trip and such as well, in a big pile that used to be under my Mario bobble-head.

Red Lightning
10-20-07, 04:58 PM
Silent Hill. Again. I actually liked the movie, I thought they did a good job with the suspense factor and the real terror of the monsters.

Mathias
10-21-07, 09:57 AM
The last MOVIE I watched was Kill Bill Vol 2, last week, because my friend was completely ignorant to the glory that is Quentin Tarantino.

Needless to say, now he is not.

The last DVD I watched, howevers, was Hellsing Ultimate Vol III. Aaand I'll probably end up watching Samurai Champloo, Vol 7 sometime today.

Reiko
10-21-07, 10:22 AM
I watched Happy Feet last night. It was on HBO or stars and I had nothing else to do. It was cute but the ending really sucked.

I'm also watching Utawarewumono again. Great Anime series that gets better and better as it goes. Not the best but one of my favorites now

Emma Ross
10-24-07, 05:24 PM
Like Koriku, the last movie I saw in the theaters was Resident Evil: Extinction and the last movie at home was Edward Scissorhands. This is a little suspicious, most likely due to the fact that we live with each other XD

We'll probably go see Across the Universe tonight or tomorrow though.. I would like to see 30 Days of Night as well.

Witchblade
10-24-07, 06:28 PM
I love vampire movies, but 30 Days of Night seems like the kind of movie I'd where I'd crap in my pants while watching. >.> I'm really not good with horror movies.

Seth_Rahl
10-24-07, 06:32 PM
I am Legend will make you crap your pants then. Jesus, it scared the hell out of me, just the trailer. It makes 30 Days of Night look like Teletubbies. >.<

Witchblade
10-24-07, 06:59 PM
I Am Legend doesn't really look as scary as 30 Days of Night. o.O But I do plan on catching some bits and pieces of 30 Days of Night while I'm upstairs... by myself... in a cold, dark and creepy projectionist booth. >.>

Nirov
10-24-07, 07:01 PM
I'll be in shortly.

Mathias
10-24-07, 07:03 PM
I just watched "Pan's Labyrinth."

Which I have to say, was pretty god damn brilliant.

RumpleGrumblePuss
10-24-07, 07:05 PM
I watched Hellraiser last night. It wasn't as scary as I remembered it.

Witchy, you so have to give me details on 30 days of night when you sneak your peek.

Witchblade
10-24-07, 07:10 PM
Haha, no problem. :p

And Pan's Labyrinth was an amazing movie, very sad, but amazing.

Seth_Rahl
10-24-07, 07:11 PM
I think some things are just freakier than others...30 days of night is cool cuz of the whole Vampire theme and the fact its based off of a comic book, but it doesn't look nearly as scary.

Now, try and put yourself in Will Smith's shoes in I am Legend. You are the last man/woman on Earth, cept for a bunch of infected zombie people who can move at insane speeds, all of which you used to know, trying to survive and provide an at least decent way of life during the day.
Scares the living shit out of me. And thus the shit has died.

Hellraiser wasn't scary, it was just gory. Same way with DotD and Wes Craven's new nightmare. But movies like I am Legend, stephen kings IT and Silent Hill, where they play just not with horror but with psychological torture as well...now that is freaky.

lol last movie I saw was Final Fantasy Seven: Last Order.

Witchblade
10-24-07, 07:15 PM
Silent Hill wasn't scary enough for me. The video games easily freaked me out more than that movie ever could and they played a lot more heavily on psychologicaly fear than the movie.

I guess you and I are just scared by different things. :p Doesn't help that I have an extremely over active imagination. And I mean extremely.

Seth_Rahl
10-24-07, 07:17 PM
Ah true. I only played one of the Silent Hills, so I guess you could say I'm more of a movie fan than a game fan of it. I loved Pyramid head, though. What game was he from?

Anyways, I guess so. so what movie has scared you the most?

Nirov
10-24-07, 07:26 PM
Hellraiser wasn't suppose to be scary. It was a hot perverted mess of sadomasochism and demonic possession that made me grin with each passing moment. God I'd beat off to that if people didn't look at me weird.

Christ Wept...*shiver*

The last movie I saw was Resident Evil: Extinction. It was god awful and turned me off to the series that I was just getting into.

I do, greatly, want to see 30 Days of Night. It looks wonderfully scary. But I could only go with a close friend or a lover, for I am a pussy. I freaked out at Extinction and grabbed on to my friend so much, people thought I was feeling her up.

I will never see a movie with Will Smith again. Not after Independence Day.

Stanley Anderson
10-24-07, 07:36 PM
30 days of night was an extremely good movie by my standards. Of course I wasn't expecting a very deep twisting plot type - movie, I was just wanting to watch a bunch of people get destroyed, so, I was pleased. I was so happy that the movie didn't lower itself by using silly stylized action like the resident evil movies.

Artifex Felicis
10-24-07, 07:38 PM
I think some things are just freakier than others...30 days of night is cool cuz of the whole Vampire theme and the fact its based off of a comic book, but it doesn't look nearly as scary.

Now, try and put yourself in Will Smith's shoes in I am Legend. You are the last man/woman on Earth, cept for a bunch of infected zombie people who can move at insane speeds, all of which you used to know, trying to survive and provide an at least decent way of life during the day.
Scares the living shit out of me. And thus the shit has died.

28 Days/Weeks Later?

Lotsa Zombie flicks?

Hehe.

Also, Pan's labyrinth was also very very awesome.

I just finished watching "The Thing" by Carpenter as well. Amazing methinks.

Seth_Rahl
10-24-07, 07:47 PM
Well now I have TWO good movies to watch....*hopes that gf will spare him cash to go* She hates horror. <.<

I dunno, its just that I am Legend looks so much different than other "flicks". I'll have to see it though for myself.

I never did see Pan's Labyrinth. >.<

Zook Murnig
10-24-07, 08:30 PM
Oh my God. Pan's Labyrinth was amazing! And creepy! It sucked you in so you couldn't stop watching, and the special effects for the creatures were awesome! Oh. My. God!

Ataraxis
10-24-07, 09:21 PM
Pan's Labyrinth was amazing, almost tear-jerking, and the soundtrack was lovely. The theme is the song to use while writing a quest in the swamps of Dheathain.

But... why did she eat the grapes? WHY?

Because there's never enough fairy gore!

Watched Hot Fuzz on DVD, last weekend. Angel is rotten-buttocks! Smelly-posterior?

Oh wait. Badass. <3

Red Lightning
10-24-07, 09:43 PM
Hot fuzz was funny as hell. Funnier that Shaun of the Dead, in my opinion.

"Ouch! Goddammit you shot my knee!"
"Oh shut up your a doctor, you'll get over it."

Best line in the entire movie.

Grapes = fairy gore?

Moonlit Raven
10-26-07, 12:15 AM
I recently watched In the Mouth of Madness. That was freaking awesome movie! One to seriously mess up your brain. ^_^

Seth_Rahl
10-26-07, 10:12 AM
I don't want to know. >.>

The entire Claymore series in one sitting. Pretty damn impressive series.

Mathias
10-26-07, 09:26 PM
I JUST got home from watching Saw IV.

I fucking LOVE that series. Period.

Abenaki
10-26-07, 11:38 PM
The Pink Panther, circa 1963

One of those movies I watched with my parents growing up, and always find myself going back to.