PDA

View Full Version : Lord of Geekdom!

Vorin
12-18-06, 04:43 PM
Well Althanians, let us face it. We've all got those nerdy little moments that make us so fucking proud of our freaky little accomplishments. They can be in videogames, reading, writing, roleplaying, or even cosplay. I'm interested in hearing about your proudest geek moment and seeing any picture that involves it.

Here's mine. (http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/AngelicMalice/?action=view&current=Palatinat2.jpg)

It's from the game, Knights of Honor. That is hours and hours of work conquering the whole of western Europe. You can't see it, but I've gotten 2/3 of Ireland, all of Spain, Denmark. And those Islands? I owned them, but gave them to allies to secure an alliance. I needed the most powerful leaders in Europe to vote for me so I could win the damn game, or else I would need to conquer a hell of a lot more.

So c'mon geeks, show me your stuff.

Traveler
12-18-06, 06:57 PM
I don't have a picture, but I do have a momento of the only roleplaying game I have ever been able to play to its completion.

I mean, this was a group game like Dungeons and Dragons. After two years of slowly campaigning through the game, we finally managed to reach a satisfying conclusion and it was the most amazing thing I can claim to have experienced as a geek.

For your reference, a list of characters:

Crow Magnum: A heavy metal rock band member from the present day. Crow-demon in the spirit of Samurai Pizza Cats. Played by me.

Walter: An immortal being.

Ryuji: A ninja living in the future where the game takes place. Played Walter simultaneously, so some mix-ups in dialogue have occurred.

Tem: A cat-demon in the sense of Inu-Yasha. Extremely fast.

Hikaru: Extremely important NPC, he is the result of genetic experiments with demon blood in the future

EX: A military weapon gone berserk, EX is Hikaru's "brother." Possessed of a regenerative power that rivals Walter's immortality.

And now, the game.

http://www.ebminon.cc/BESMFINAL.html

Stevo
12-22-06, 02:38 PM
I play Harvest Moon: Friends Of Mineral Town and I like it.

And ive grown emotionally attached to my ingame wife, even though she says the same things everyday.